Water, Sun, Food and Friends

I think the best words to sum up our 4th of July are: water, sun, food and friends.
Had a great 4th of July! Brent and I had already decided that we would spend the entire day at the pool - no matter what. Unfortunately, we woke up on Friday morning to overcast skies. Brent headed to the pool to reserve a few chairs for us because on a normal weekend we have problems finding a place to sit.

Getting into the pool has become quite the comical event. This is the second time that we have had to find a creative way to actually get inside the gate at our pool. You see, the management at our apartment entrusts a fellow resident to be the key holder for the gate - the pool is supposed to be opened by 10am every morning, but we're pretty sure that the key holder finds better things to do with his/her mornings than to get up early enough to unlock the gate for the rest of us unworthy residents.

Anyway, a few hours later (yes, I said a few hours - it took me a while to get going on Friday morning) we headed to the pool where we baked for a few hours, had an extensive (and entertaining) conversation with a couple that lives in our building, then headed back to the apartment to start cooking dinner. Casey came over for the day, then Marty and Johnny (Casey's best friend) came over for dinner that night and we had a great time. I was really proud of my ribs - this was my first time to barbeque my own ribs and I must say, they turned out really well. Brent was the grill master and thanks to his skills, they turned out fabulous!

We didn't end the night with the traditional fireworks - we actually just headed to bed early because we knew we had a jam-packed next few days.

Happy 4th of July!

0 comments: