Ok this was a pretty simple recipe. Most of you probably have a recipe for Vegetable Beef soup that you go to regularly, but I am notorious for never using the same recipe twice.
Last night I made this Vegetable Beef Stew from the Lady & Sons (aka Paula Dean and her two good-looking sons). (I do wish I had taken a picture because my soup doesn't really look like her picture on the site.) It definitely got the seal of approval both from Gabbie and Brent - Gabbie even had a second bowl!
It was SO yummy and VERY flavorful.
I had a few tweaks just based on the availability of my vegetables in my freezer. First, I sauteed a little garlic in the pan before browning my meat. I also only had a bag of vegetable soup mix so instead of chopping up all those carrots and celery and okra, I just dumped a bag into the pot. I then added black eyed peas and lima beans.
I've never had this with macaroni, but I did it last night and it really added a night element of texture to the soup.
Finally, I found this recipe for Red Lobster's Cheddar Garlic Biscuits - they were FANTASTIC. If you have ever tried to make these based on a whim, you may have been disappointed (speaking from experience). These were so fantastic. I think the key to it was using cold butter cut into the bisquick vs some recipes that call for shortening. o.m.g. they were amazing.
Learning to Parent Grown Children with Grace
7 hours ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment