Thoughts to Ponder

I was just flipping through my last few posts and I must apologize for the lack of interesting information lately. I have plenty to talk about and definitely to write about - the issue lately has been time. There's this black hole called Facebook that sucks all my spare time from me. It's pretty pathetic honestly. So I apologize Opp Knockers. Please forgive me and I will work on better, more interesting and possibly more thought provoking topics besides the million and one things we've been up to or the major milestones my child has overcome.

So let's see a pretty hot topic for me right now is the oil spill. I haven't really wanted to talk about it because the pictures I've seen have been so very upsetting. It's so sad to see all those animals struggling to breath. I cannot imagine how difficult it has to be as a volunteer or paid worker with all that clean up. I have to say there's been quite a bit of controversy over Obama and his reactions to this huge mess. While I wouldn't say I was his number one fan, I do have to stick up for him when people are complaining that he hasn't been mad enough or shown enough passion about the issue. Seriously? I have decided that our media will make an issue out of just about anything. I am impressed to see BP has finally stepped out from hiding (can you blame them?) and will be offering the financial aide that will be so vital in the recovery of the economy to the Gulf Coast. He made a valid point today that I didn't even think of regarding the fact that the area would have been experiencing its first solid season of fishing and tourism since Hurricane Katrina. ouch. I hadn't even thought of that. The sad part is we haven't even seen the worst of it come to land yet. eek. Hopefully the spewing will come to an end or maybe we'll all just wake up and this was all a bad dream....

0 comments: