Historic Day {and it doesn't involve fancy hats}

wow. I have literally written and erased at least 10 FB updates, none of which are short or really get my point across so thank you blog, I'm coming to release all these thoughts.

I have such mixed emotions about this day in U.S. history...
Frustrated that Obama is taking credit for this action - granted he is in charge right now and I respect him. However, what about all those times you said we should pull out of the Middle East? Being extremely disrespectful to our previous president, George W. Bush, even though it was under his leadership that U.S. Troops entered the Middle East. This wouldn't even be happening if we didn't have troops there.

As a Christian, should we/can we really rejoice over the fact that Bin Laden was a lost soul? He is facing God's wrath and eternal damnation for the Bible clearly says, "For the wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23. I am certain Bin Laden was given plenty of opportunities to turn from his evil and chose otherwise.
It is times like these that I am so thankful that I am not God having to judge these people.
But I am also so thankful for sacrifice. I think about that word: our Heavenly Father made the ultimate Sacrifice by sending his Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins. We just have to accept that gift, turn from our evil and we will have eternal life. Wow. It's that simple!
I think of the sacrifice of all those U.S. troops that have fought for our freedom here in the U.S. Fought to keep us safe and fought to find Bin Laden. Thank you seems insignificant but the best way we can show our appreciation.

Anxious to see what unfolds over the coming days/weeks/months. I pray that there are no people in the Middle East that feel the need to "fill the shoes" of Bin Laden. Praying for protection and wisdom for our leadership for our country.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Very powerful post here.

Alana said...

Thank you for accurately describing the feelings I have, but have yet to determining how to describe them. I've been in such a struggle all day on how to act. First I was so excited, then from FB posts from people like you, I was brought to a full 180 of feelings. Its such a struggle.

Unknown said...

It's cool to know i'm not alone in the way i feel about all this. All i've been hearing is about how happy everyone is that he's dead, but i can't be happy about someone dying. A friend of mine posted a quote on FB and it went something like "I will mourn the loss of thousands, but i will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy".