whew

Well it's been a while since I've done an update on what's been going on with the Whitaker household. We have been busy as usual! I was just uploading pictures realizing JUST how busy we have been.
Let's see, where do we start....

Did I seriously not blog about Easter? wow
So Easter, I guess is where we'll start. I won't bore you with details, especially since it was so long ago - just know it was fun. Gabbie got way too much candy. Was extremely overwhelmed by our church's Easter egg hunt. We had a great lunch with friends (second annual) then hosted dinner that evening at our house where we sat outside enjoyed the beautiful Spring weather and had our own adult egg hunt with over 120 eggs! wow







Zoo: our good friends have a zoo membership so we tag along with them on occasion. Here's yet another zoo trip....

I planted another garden this year and Gabbie was completely fascinated with the entire process. She kept wanting to put on my gloves:



I can't believe it, but my niece "graduated" from 5th grade at the end of May. Gabbie and I surprised her by making a trip to Chattanooga just for the day to celebrate with her and be in complete shock that she's old enough to go to middle school. Unbelievable!!

Gabbie was thoroughly entertained by Britt's BFF Anna. Funny how much Anna and Britt look alike - I think that's why Gabbie was so instantly in love with her.
This is how you keep a 22 month old entertained during a 1 1/2 hr graduation ceremony:

The big moment: walking by and of course the one pic I get of her graduation walk is fuzzy. Lovely, huh?

I love all the parents standing up getting pictures of the students as the principal "presented" them as 6th graders.
Proud mama and papa after the ceremony at Panera:

So in case you don't live in or around the Nashville area, you may not be aware that we're dealing with the 13 year return of the Cicada which is a locust that burrows itself in the ground and comes out every 13 years. These things are insanely loud - louder than you would think. They don't bite or sting, the just make this really loud cricket-like sound and are more of an annoyance than anything else. They appeared at the first of May and should be around for 6 weeks or so. I noticed today that they are definitely dying down. We shot a little video so you could hear just how loud they are - we're trying not to let Gabbie be afraid of them, Brent goes so far as to let her hold one at one point. She's still not really sure about it though. {YUCK} After they literally attacked me while mowing the grass last week, plus watching the lifeguards literally pile them up on the sides of the pool, I am over them. However, I feel as though every other insect doesn't seem as bad because these guys have taken their place.




Oh yeah and back towards the beginning of May, Brent and I took a little trip by ourselves to Orlando. Yes, we were at Disney and yes, we left our child in Chattanooga. Bad parents? I don't think so - we enjoyed the few days we had to ourselves and at her age, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have understood why in the world we were lugging her around looking at characters she likely would have been terrified of (not to mention wouldn't have even recognized). Soo instead, she stayed at Camp Pop Pop and Ti Ti then Camp Mammaw and Pappaw and had a blast.


0 comments: